Committing to Flagship ☷
Committing to Flagship, is a multi-step process:
- First, we would like to hear from you via telephone and/or email as soon as it is convenient. We want to make sure your questions get answered and that, if you haven’t already, you come for a visit, or at least speak with students with similar interests and career plans. Of course, we’d love to hear from you if you’re ready to commit immediately, but we’re just as grateful to hear right away if you have to decline. This allows us to plan more accurately our summer and fall rosters and to move down the line on our admission and scholarship waiting lists. It is also helpful, if you have to delay, to hear your general time frame for making your decision. A very short message from you will keep us from contacting you needlessly during what is surely a very busy final semester of high school
- Secondly, we, the university, and all other scholarship committees and special programs, very much appreciate your taking the time to formally accept or decline your offer online. The steps are as follows:
- i. Navigate to my.olemiss.edu and log in.
- ii. Click on the “Academics” tab.
- iii. Then click the “Special Programs and Scholarship Application” tab (left hand side).
- iv. Now, choose “Manage Special Programs and Scholarships Application”.
- v. Sign in to the application.
- vi. Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- vii. Choose “Check Application Status.”
- viii. Then, choose “View Details…”
- ix. From here, you should see options for responding to your offer.
The absolute final deadline for you to respond is May 1; however, in order to prepare you to possibly attend one of our summer programs, and to make sure that any vacant spots or scholarships can be rewarded to another applicant, we ask that you notify us of your decision as soon as possible.
When you are ready, please submit this short Google form for our records:
This may seem redundant, but it helps ensure that no one forgets to complete this important step.
- Your final commitment will not take place until your arrival on campus. You will undergo a brief orientation and will sign a hard copy document showing your understanding of and compliance with our policies.