Review Summer Dates
Please visit the following URL’s to review the University of Mississippi Academic Calendar for summer, of this year.
*Note that the coming summer is part of the 2019-20 school year.
- First Summer Term
- Second Summer Session
- Summer Housing Info
- Fall Semester
- Fall Semester Housing Info (check back for update)
Here is a brief summary of dates that may affect your summer plans:
- Summer Session 1 Dormitory Move-In Date: Tuesday, May 26, 2020 at 3pm (see Housing site for more info)
- Chinese Flagship Orientation Session: TBD, but tentatively Wednesday, May 27, 2020 from 10-2pm (this will be MANDATORY for CHIN 111 students)
For participants in the on-campus intensive summer program, and all other incoming Flagship freshmen who can attend.
Location: Room 107 of the Croft Institute).
- First Day of Instruction: afternoon of 5/27/2020 (note: prior mandatory events)
- 5/30 and 5/31/2020: weekend make-up classes for 6/1 and 6/2 (UM Fall Freshman Orientation for those who cannot attend earlier.)
- 7/28/2020: Last day (next day is mandatory dorm move-out)
- Default UM Orientation Session (for fall): Session 2, Mon-Tues., June 1-2 (important: those who can are encouraged to go earlier. See our UM Orientation section)
- Last Day of First Summer Session: Friday, June 26 (we extend beyond the official end date)
- IMPORTANT: there will NOT be time for travel between the summer sessions, but you will have one day to relax.
- Summer Session 2 Dormitory Move-In Date: Sunday, June 28 at 3pm
- First Day of Second Summer Session: Monday, June 29
- Last Day of Second Summer Session: Tuesday, July 28 Exams typically finish late in the afternoon. We prefer that you schedule your departure the following day in case exams take longer than expected, or in case you don’t get enough sleep the previous night (you’ll probably be excited with your final exams behind you, even if you still have to take proficiency exams) and would put yourself at risk to drive, even as far as the airport.
- Summer Dormitory Move-Out Date: Wednesday, July 29, 10:00am
- ~3 WEEK BREAK (Students must move out of their summer dorms.)
- Fall Dormitory Move-In Dates: Late August – dates depend on residence (you may be prompted to come earlier for special program orientations, such as Honors College or the Croft Institute)
- First Day of Fall Semester: Monday, August 24
Be sure to look over other dates related to registration and any other administrative responsibilities.