UM Intensive 3-Week Program at Shanghai University
A rigorous, engaging summer program designed to expose students of Chinese at The University of Mississippi to the country and culture of this challenging but rewarding language.
Participants click here to begin preparations.
► Program Dates
All participants must meet the following eligibility guidelines.
Each participant must be:
- Enrolled in CHIN 112, 202, 302, 402, etc., or the equivalent during spring of 2017 (see us immediately if you are unable to take Chinese this spring).
- Enrolled and receiving credits through The University of Mississippi, but this should not pose a problem, even to seniors, or those who need to enroll at the university as temporary, summer students.
- Committed to the educational goals of the program. While there is a tourism component, students will spend 4 hours per day in the classroom for 10 days.
- Meet the GPA and other requirements set out by the Study Abroad office
- Endorsed by their current Chinese teacher.
- In possession of a passport that is valid until at least May 15 of 2018 at the time of application (contact us immediately if you have none, or it is out of date. Students tend to put this off, and it creates a great amount of stress for them and us if it is not done by early spring.
► Program Costs
Total estimated cost for tuition, housing and fees for Summer 2017:
- Tuition and fees: Approximately $3,000* (this includes the China visa**, but not any costs associated with obtaining or renewing a passport)
- Airfare: $1,750 (an approximation, taking into account rising fuel prices.)
- Food: $210 (approx. $10/day, although you may spend more during the Beijing trip and in airports.)
- Plan on spending another $250 in personal, miscellaneous expenses.
- *The final per-student cost will depend upon the total number of participants.
- **The China visa cost estimation assumes that you allow us to submit your application and receive the discounted price offered by our agent.
► Application Process
- We will release application materials in early spring. Contact email@example.com if interested.